Quattro™ 2lb "Chocolate Peanut Butter Addiction" Protein
Magnum Quattro™ is an excellent choice for a protein supplement because:
• Every ingredient is Pharmaceutical Grade
• It has only Isolate proteins (the highest quality and form of protein – better digestion, absorption, and results)
• It has 4 different sources of Isolate protein for timed digestion
• It has added CLA and Flaxseed for essential fatty acids and protein assimilation
• There is more protein per scoop than almost any product available today
• It will give you more sustained energy throughout the day
• It will give you leaner, denser muscles
• It truly speeds up your metabolic rate
Why take a protein supplement?
Almost every active individual is protein deficient. North America’s stereotypical poor diet (1 – 3 daily, very low-quality meals consisting of nearly no protein) can be blamed for the meager results most people are getting in the gym. Adding a high-quality protein supplement, especially one that you will not get gas or bloating from, will dramatically change the way you look and feel.
Without enough protein, it is nearly impossible to build new muscle. Even more difficult is maintaining new muscle without adequate protein intake. Many people have gained significant muscle from a creatine, arginine, or anabolic supplement, but drop most or all of that muscle very quickly because of the absence of a clean, high-quality protein supplement.
A high-end protein supplement is responsible for the following results:
• Building and maintaining lean muscle
• Muscle and (to some degree) bone density
• Creating certain hormones, enzymes, cellular messengers and nucleic acids.
• Putting together structures that make up every cell, tissue, and organ
Quattro™ 2lb "Chocolate Peanut Butter Addiction" Protein
The World’s Most Advanced Pharmaceutical Grade Protein Formula!
Magnum Quattro is a protein developed for people who want the best quality, highest absorbed, Pharmaceutical Grade protein formula on the market. Quattro is formulated with 4 Pharmaceutical Grade protein isolates for multi stage release, Flax and CLA for increased protein assimilation, and is Lactose free for zero stomach distress.
Whey Protein Isolate
Out of the many protein sources out there, whey protein is the ultimate. It comes from milk. During the process of turning milk into cheese, whey protein is separated out.
Whey protein has the highest value in providing branched-chain amino acids, which result in building and retaining muscle tissue.
Whey protein provides the body with the necessary building blocks to produce amino acids that are used for building muscle tissue. Studies have been conducted that compare whey protein to other sources. They have found that whey protein contains the perfect combination of overall amino acid makeup, in just the right concentrations for optimal performance in the body. Both hormonal and cellular responses seem to be greatly enhanced with supplementation of whey protein.
Whey is a direct precursor to building muscle and essential amino acids, such as glutamine (a muscle enhancer, endurance builder, and muscle deterioration reducer), high quality whey protein will help muscles recover and grow faster by bringing up the bodies levels of protein. Whey protein allows a person to control his or her diet effectively. Magnum’s Quattro™ exclusively uses Pharmaceutical Grade, Whey protein isolate 90+ percent, which is just that, 90 percent or higher protein. When whey is first created from the production of cheese, it is very high in fats and carbohydrates, through modern, cold filtration processes food scientists have created a safe and effective way to reduce these extra ingredients leaving mainly whey protein. The benefit of this isolated protein is quicker absorption, less impurities and minimal carbohydrates and fats, which you don’t really want to be paying for when purchasing whey protein anyway. Additionally, since the carbohydrates in whey are lactose, whey protein isolate is very easy on your stomach and safe for people with lactose intolerance since these carbohydrates are filtered away.
Milk Protein Isolate
As one of three forms of casein protein, milk protein isolate occurs naturally in cow's milk and includes a natural combination of casein and whey proteins. Casein protein composes about 80 percent of the protein in cow's milk, while whey protein makes up the remaining 20 percent.
Synthesizes in the body much more slowly than whey protein, taking up to seven hours to fully release into the blood compared with about one hour for whey. Many people use milk protein isolate as a diet supplement or meal replacement as this type of protein helps bodybuilders and other people trying to build and maintain lean muscle mass. Since this protein is a slower releasing protein, many hospitals use this as the protein of choice for helping burn victims recover and rebuild tissue. To get the most out of the slow protein release, use this form of protein when you will be going a few hours until your next meal.
The ratio of casein to whey protein corresponds to the quality of milk protein isolate. The highest quality milk protein isolate combines proteins with a ratio of 80 percent casein to 20 percent whey.
• Quattro contains the highest quality, Pharmaceutical Grade, spray-dried, milk protein isolate powder with 90% protein, manufactured from fresh, ultrafiltered skim milk. This ingredient is characterized by the lowest bacterial counts, highest protein and lowest lactose.
• Casein is usually found in three forms, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, and milk protein isolate. The biological value of casein protein is about 70 compared to 100 for whey. However, milk protein isolate has a biological value of over 90. And if we use the PDCAAS, a more modern method of determining protein quality, all three of these proteins (micellar casein, whey, and milk) are on equal footing at 1.00.
• Studies that compare whey and milk protein isolate administered in the workout period (following high intensity training) inevitably find that whey protein exerts a far stronger anabolic response. However, when milk protein isolate is administered at other periods throughout the day, the strength gains are twice of those seen with whey. This is because while whey stimulates protein synthesis much more than casein in the short term, casein causes a sustained release of amino acids, preventing muscle breakdown for a more extended period of time. This makes whey the protein of choice for the workout period, with milk protein isolate preferable at other times, especially before periods of fasting (such as sleep).
An extremely slow digesting and rich protein source that continues to feed your muscles long after whey proteins have dropped off. In fact, studies with this undenatured (not damaged) form of isolated casein protein have demonstrated it to sustain steady amino acid elevations for an incredible 7 hours. It has been shown to offer a strong anti-catabolic effect not noticed with fast digesting whey protein, and actually fostered a much more positive overall net protein balance in comparison.
While whey protein may increase protein synthesis to a very high degree, higher than casein, scientists are now recognizing that micellar casein is much more important in preventing muscle breakdown. In fact, additional research is demonstrating that the slow and sustained release of amino acids from micellar casein can cause a "timed release" trickle of amino acids into the bloodstream which can last for as many as 7 full hours after ingestion. Micellar casein is the natural, undenatured form of casein found in milk. It is separated from milk by means of ultrafiltration, without the use of chemicals, which increases the amount of bioactive milk peptides that support immune function as well as enhance muscle growth. A property of micellar casein is that it may have the ability to form a "gel" in the stomach. This provides a steady release of amino acids into the blood stream, which makes it an excellent choice for a long lasting anti-catabolic protein.
Egg Protein Isolate (Egg Albumin)
Egg Protein Isolate is a rich source of sulphur-bearing amino acids critical to numerous pathways that enhance cell repair. Also known as "methyl donors," sulphur-producing amino acids assist in the formation of methionine, which is the first amino acid to begin the process of creating many new cells and is, therefore, essential in optimizing your bodies use of protein.
Nutritionists commonly refer to eggs as the "golden standard" for protein quality. Eggs contain all eight essential amino acids (the type that your body cannot make from other substances) and very high levels of total amino acids - especially important sulfur-containing aminos. Eggs are also readily digested and absorbed. As a lactose-free protein source, eggs are often more tolerable to people who have trouble with dairy foods. For these and other reasons, eggs have been a staple of bodybuilder's diets since the beginning of the sport.
Egg Protein is considered the most nearly perfect source of protein because its amino acid pattern most nearly matches that needed for human growth. A protein's chemical score is based on amino acid composition. The mixture of proteins found in egg has been suggested to be the best quality for growth and, hence, received a rating of 100.
Organic Flax Seed Powder
Studies have shown that flax seeds are an excellent source of Omega 9 and Omega 3 essential fatty acids. They are also a very good source of dietary fibre and protein, as well as manganese, folate, Vitamin B6, magnesium, phosphorous, lecithin, zinc, and copper.
Flaxseed is one of the “good” fats.
Flaxseed is the world’s richest source of linolenic acid and also rich in linoleic acid. Both of these are known as essential fatty acids or omega 3 and omega 6 oils. It is a great source of fats our bodies crave but cannot make on their own.
Bromelain is a mixture of protein-digesting (proteolytic) enzymes found in pineapples (Ananas comosus). Pineapple has been used for centuries in Central and South America to treat indigestion. Bromelain, which is derived from the stem and juice of the pineapple, was first isolated from the pineapple plant in the late 1800s.
Bromelain is one of a group of proteolytic enzymes that are capable of digesting protein and is found in the stem and fruit of the pineapple plant. It is extracted from the pineapple by filtration, which is safe and effective.
Bromelain is considered an aid to good digestion, because it intensifies the digestive process by breaking down protein, and facilitates the passing of food to the intestine.